Home Page Temples Sri Ram Krishna Mission
Sri Ram Krishna Mission
33% $7,567,000

83 Sponsors


Sri Ram Krishna Mission

The Mission centre was started in 1907.

Activities of the Mission centre:

1. A 320-bed hospital with medical, surgical, orthopaedic, ophthalmology, ultrasonography, psychiatry, dermatology, paediatric, ICU, dermatology, eye, ENT, dental, maternity, physiotherapy, gynaecology, diabetes, cardiology, radiology, pathology departments, a blood bank, CT scan, catheterization lab, cancer centre, and dialysis units.

2. An outpatient department with allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic sections.

3. A telemedicine service having two units at the ashrama and other units in nine villages, covering entire Mathura district.

4. Rural development project, under which (a) a mobile medical unit, (b) general awareness and health education were imparted through community health programmes, and (c) eye camps and medical camps in nearby villages.

5. Two units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa.

6. A residential school of nursing offering GNM course.

7. Welfare activities such as providing ration to the widows, books, clothing, blankets, pecuniary help, student scholarships and free medicines to the poor.

The Math centre was started in 1965.

Activities of the Math Centre:

1. A library.

2. Welfare work by way of giving financial and other types of help to widows and other needy people.

3. Daily worship, bhajans, fortnightly Ramnam and Shyamnam Sankirtan, lectures,etc.

4. Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious personages.

‘Ma Sarada Kutir’: This house, situated 2 km away from the centre, was earlier known as Kalababu’s Kunj and belonged to the family of Sri Balaram Basu, one of the chief lay disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi stayed in this house for a year after the passing away of the Master. It is also sanctified by the stay of almost all monastic disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. The Sevashrama had its humble beginning here with a small homoeopathic dispensary in 1907. This house has a shrine and a permanent exhibition on the Holy Trio.